- Information Provided Directly By You
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you request information, create or modify your Levitate account, request Services, subscribe to a Service plan, complete a Levitate form, survey, questionnaire or application, contact customer support, join or enroll for an event or otherwise communicate with us in any manner. This information may include, without limitation: name, date of birth, e-mail address, physical address, business address, phone number or any other personal information you choose to provide.
- Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Services
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages that have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users and us.The following are situations in which you may provide Your Information to us:
- When you fill out forms or fields through our Services;
- When you register for an account with our Service;
- When you order products or services from, or through our Service, including a Monthly Subscription;
- When you create a form or questions for your users to complete in order to obtain an instant quote from you using our Levitate Quote Widget;
- When you provide responses to a survey or questionnaire;
- When you join or enroll in an event through our Services;
- When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services;
- When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website;
- When you communicate with us or request information about us, or our products or Services, whether via email or other means;
- When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- When you participate in forums, reviews or provide or post user generated content or other submissions.
- Information Collected Automatically
We may automatically collect information via the Website through the use of various technologies, including, but not limited to Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons (explained below). We may collect your IP address, browsing behavior and device IDs. This information is used by us in order to enable us to better understand how our Services are being used by visitors and allows us to administer and customize the Services to improve your overall experience.
- Information Collected Through the Use of Our Levitate Quote Widget
- Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example if you choose to link, create, or log in to your Levitate account with a social media service, e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter, or if you engage with a separate application or website that uses our API, or whose API we use, we may receive information about you or your connections from that website or application. This includes, without limitation, profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, your contact names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other identifiers and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is solely dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network or the API.
- Cookies, Log Files and Anonymous Identifiers
- When you visit our Services we, or our third party service providers, may send one or more Cookies – small data files – to your computer to uniquely identify your browser, let us help you log in faster, enhance your navigation through the Site and provide us with analytical information to improve our Service and your overall user experience. “Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive or other website browsing equipment for record keeping purposes. A Cookie may convey anonymous information about how you browse the Services to us so we can provide you with a more personalized experience, but does not collect personal information about you. Cookies allow the Sites to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie, and a randomly generated unique number or other value. Certain Cookies may be used on the Sites regardless of whether you are logged in to your account or not.
- Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that remain in the Cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
- Persistent Cookies remain in the Cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific Cookie).
- When we use session Cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Website, this is done on an anonymous aggregate basis (as Cookies do not in themselves carry any personal data).
- We may also employ Cookies so that we remember your computer or device when it is used to return to the Site to help customize your Levitate experience. We may associate personal information with a Cookie file in those instances.
- Levitate may use third party services such as Stripe, Heap Analytics and Google Analytics to help us understand the use of our Services. These services typically collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including Cookies and your IP address. They receive this information and their use of it is governed by their respective privacy policies.
- You may opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including AdWords and opt-out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager here https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For additional information on how Google uses data when you use Google partners’ sites or apps, go here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- When you use our Services, we may employ Web Beacons (also known as clear GIFs or tracking pixels) to anonymously track online usage patterns. No Personally Identifiable Information from your account is collected using these Web Beacons.
- Table of Cookies
The following is a list of the possible Cookies we may use in our Services. Please note that the names of Cookies and other technologies may change over time.
Cookie Name Duration Description _ga 2 years Google Analytics: This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. _gat_UA 1 Min Google Analytics: This cookie is set to allow us to track individual visitors and their use of our site. It is set when you first visit the site and updated on subsequent visits. _gid 1 Day Google Analytics: Stores a unique user session identifier _hp2_id 1 Day Heap Analytics: These cookies collect information to measure and understand how visitors use our Site. This includes user activity tracking on this Site, including pages visited and links clicked. _hp2_ses_props 1 Day Heap Analytics: These cookies collect information to measure and understand how visitors use our Site. This includes user activity tracking on this Site, including pages visited and links clicked. intercom-id-csoes2fl 9 Months Intercom: Anonymous visitor identifier cookie. As people visit your site they get this cookie. intercom-session-csoes2fl 1 Week Intercom: Identifier for each unique browser session. This session cookie is refreshed on each successful logged-in ping, extenting it to 1 week from that moment. The user can access their conversations and have data communicated on logged out pages for 1 week, as long as the session isn’t intentionally terminated with `Intercom(‘shutdown’)`;, which usually happens on logout. __stripe_mid 1 Year Stripe uses a cookie to remember who you are and to enable the website to process payments without storing any credit card information on its own servers. __stripe_sid 1 Day Stripe uses a cookie to remember who you are and to enable the website to process payments without storing any credit card information on its own servers. gtm_id 10 Years Google Tag Manager used by Intercom lrefsrc 30 Days Used to track referrals.
- Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect information about you from sources other than you, such as from social media websites (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or others), blogs, analytics providers, business affiliates and partners and other users. This includes, without limitation, identity data, contact data, marketing and communications data, behavioral data, technical data and content data.
- Payment Information
- Device Information
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Location Information
When you use the Services we may collect your precise location data. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Call and SMS Data
In connection with providing Service, we may receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message. You consent to the receipt, collection and storage of this information.
- Aggregated Data
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are intended for users who have attained the age of majority where they reside (18 years of age or older in most jurisdictions) unless they have received parental or legal guardian consent to use our Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information (PII) from persons under the age of 13 the “Protected Age”. If you are under the Protected Age, please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the Protected Age, please contact us immediately. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a person under the Protected Age, we will delete such information from our records.
- The Legal Basis and Reasons For Collection and Processing Your Personal Information
The legal basis upon which we rely for the collection and processing of your Personal Information are the following:
- It is necessary for entering into, or performing, the obligations of a contract between you and Levitate, including a Monthly Subscription for our Services and our Terms of Service agreement which may be accessed by you here;
- It is necessary registering you as a user, managing your account and profile, and authenticating you when you log in;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our website and business; analyzing the use of the website and our Services; assuring the security of our website and Services; maintaining back-ups of our databases; and communicating with you;
- To resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, comments and questions, to analyze crash information, to repair and improve the Services and provide other customer support;
- To send communications via email and within the Services, including, for example, responding to your comments, questions, requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, product updates, security alerts, and account management related messages;
- To send promotional communications that you have consented to receive or have expressed a legitimate interest in receiving;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in the protection and assertion of our legal rights, and the legal rights of others, including you; and
- It is necessary for our compliance with certain legal provisions which may require us to process your personal data. By way of example, and without limitation, we may be required by law to disclose your personal data to law enforcement or a regulatory agency.
- Protective Measures We Use
We protect your information using commercially reasonable technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. Although we take measures to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, or searches, or other information will always remain secure. We cannot guarantee the security of our information storage, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet including, without limitation, email and text transmissions. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- How We Use Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting, holding, using and disclosing your Information is for our legitimate business purposes and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We will not rent, sell, lease or barter your information to anyone unless you grant us explicit permission for this information to be shared in that manner. We will use this information in order to:
- Operate and provide our Services;
- Improve our internal operations, systems, products, and Services;
- Provide users with customer support including, sending you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and satisfaction using our Services;
- Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations;
- Resolve problems and disputes, and engage in other legal and security matters;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized use or illegal activity;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and any terms and conditions of any agreements for our Services;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about our products, services, promotions, news, and events of Levitate; and
- Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity including, without limitation, infringement of intellectual property rights of third parties.
- How We Share Information We Collect
- With third party Service Providers to enable them to provide the Services you request;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other websites or apps that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With Levitate subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data verification, data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, court or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Levitate, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. We only use such data in the aggregate form and our analytical services do not record any personal information.
- We may disclose Your Information as follows:
- i. To any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person (for example, your attorney);
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- User Content and Public Sharing
- Social Media Sharing
- Our Services may now, or in the future, integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting publicly to a social sharing service becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set with the social sharing service. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. If you remove information that you posted to the social sharing service, copies may still remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users or third parties, using the social sharing service, have re-shared, copied or saved that User Content.
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Promotional Information Opt Out
- International Privacy Practices
In order to provide our products and services to you, we may send and store your personal information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including countries that may not, or do not, provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. If you reside or are located within the European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”) and such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as you would have within the EU and EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By accessing and using the Levitate Website or our Services, users who reside, or are located, in countries outside of the United States, agree and consent to the transfer to, and processing of, personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and assume the risk that the protection of such information may be different, and may be less protective, than those required under the laws of their residence or location.
- Do Not Track Settings
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting Cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept Cookies. There currently is no accepted standard for how to respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal.
- Your California Privacy Rights
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California residents to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
- If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharing Information With Law Enforcement
- Levitate is committed to cooperating with law enforcement while respecting each individual’s right to privacy. If Levitate receives a request for user account information from a government agency investigating criminal activity, we will review the request to be certain that it satisfies all legal requirements before releasing information to the requesting agency.
- Furthermore, under 18 U.S.C. §§ 2702(b)(8) and 2702(c)(4) (Voluntary Disclosure Of Customer Communications or Records), Levitate may disclose user account information to law enforcement, without a subpoena, court order, or search warrant, in response to a valid emergency when we believe that doing so is necessary to prevent death or serious physical harm to someone. Levitate will not release more information than it prudently believes is necessary to prevent harm in an emergency situation.
- Account Information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your Levitate account dashboard. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at email@example.com Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
- Our Information Retention Policy
Unless you request that we delete certain information, we retain the information we collect for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, we will retain information for at least 1 year and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes. We will only retain your Personal Data for so long as we reasonably need to unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us by any of the methods below. When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
Levitate Tech, Inc.
Our Office Address:
23 Corporate Plaza Drive, Suite 150
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Last Updated: January 8, 2020